For expats and repats. Over 2000 international professionals like you, over ca 30 of age. On this site you’ll find our events, reviews and resources. Like our Facebook-page and find our discussions, photos etc. But do add your email on the right so we can send invites you’ll love.
Our digital future – how digitalization represents big value to be unlocked by startups, angels, corporates and our societies
SIGN UP HERE. We are addressing this topic from 3 angles glass-in-hand, with 8min from Kees, then 4min comments from Steinar and Arif.
- Kees Koolen is the founder and ex-CEO of the largest European internet-company, booking.com. He is an advisor to Uber and founding partner at EQT Ventures. Kees is key in the Amsterdam startup environment.
- Steinar Fretheim was Geschäftsführer for Stocknet Deutschland, and part of launch team of StockNet in Norway
- Arif Shafique, Microsoft Norway
- Location: Secret location in private home in Frogner. Address sent Thursday morning to all getting a spot. Sign up HERE ! There is always a waiting list for our tertulias…
- Bring: a bottle/snacks – and your business cards(!) + your smile.
- Short notice: Yes, this opportunity arose late Tuesday.
- Who: Expats, repats, angels, startups get 2/3 of spots are first come/first served. We decide 1/3 to secure optimal mix.
- What? See article about former tertulia HERE. It is a cross-over between reception, TED-talk, French Salon and a private party. It is a get-together of interesting professionals that are expats or repats, from all sorts of industries and sectors. We are mixing seniors and talents, across the generations from ca 30 and up. Hot ideas with cosmo-feel. Inspired from the Cambridge colleges’ MCRs, sharing rocket science over a glass.
- Organisors: This event is co-hosted with Business Angels Norway and Oslo International Hub.
- Register HERE – remember to hit “Confirm” on page 2, if not it does not save… And hope you make it to get one of the spots! Always a waiting list for the tertulias, they fill up fast…
Summer is here and on June 7th 2016, Oslo International Hub + Oslo International Club + Stanford Alumni are organizing a summer garden party with our partners for our members and invited guests. Our home, International House @ Oscarsgate 27 is the perfect location for a summer garden party – a beautiful “royal” garden, a brand new conference center and lounge area. Obligatory signup due to alcohol regulations HERE - w full details. Join us for:
- Tertulia-like keynotes + debate
- BBQ and drinks for sale
- Music & great atmosphere
- JCI Oslo International
- Rotaract Oslo
- Next Step
1715 Doors open
1730 Panel dialog: The importance of world class education for innovation
Welcome: Helena Lamb, President of Stanford Alumni
Keynote 1: Jennifer Vessels, NextStep Growth in Silicon Valley
Keynote 2: Salvador Baille, Managing Director Intelis, Innovation in established Businesses
Q&A, comments and discussion from:
Bergljot Gundersen, University of Oslo
Jørn Lein-Mathisen, Founder Oslo International Hub
David Sheu, Stanford OVAL President for Norway
Jakob Bergvik Aure, President of ANSA – Ass. of Norwegian Students Abroad
18:15ish End of panel
23:00 Doors Closing
OBS!! This event is open to the above mentioned audience and the tenants of the house.
Everybody attending have to register for the event.
Celebrate with an international crowd, mingle and network – in one of Oslo’s prettiest gardens – at International House, right behind the royal palace
- Happenings and surprises for all ages
- Food + Beverages, sausages on sale
- We only sell non-alcohol drink, but you may also
- bring your own BBQ-food for the grill + drinks.
- Easy paysystems: vipps & iZettle (we do appreciate cash)
Please help spread the word. Why end at 18:14? Because from 18:14 until 19:05 there is folk-dancing in front of the old university at Karl Johan – worth visiting. Check out the event on Face HERE. Summary: Up towards 250 participants over the 3,5 hours with amazing sunshine, great conversatitons and fun – and the Photos HERE.